Army Getting New Cammo????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://now.msn.com/now/0625-new-army-uniforms.aspx

If the new cammo is designed by the same SOB that came up with the Air Force's newest uniform, shoot 'em now. The most hot, non breathable, doesn't blend in with anything except grandma's couch, pocket flaps right where your knee hits the ground pieces of junk ever made.

Oh and 5 billion on new cammo, the AF has spent that much on 3 versions of POJ joggin suit!!

sash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how many pair of pants I wore out in Afghanistan. I hope, whatever pattern they come up with, is sewn to a different pattern!! My BDUs in the '80s lasted forever, but these new uniforms just aren't up to the stress of real combat.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is old news, the msm is just now catching wind of it. The competition has been on for over a year now. The Army will settle on three patterns this time instead of just one; an arid pattern, a jungle pattern, and a "transitional" pattern that blends the other two, and all OCIE will use the transitional. I get the feeling the only thing about the uniform that will change is the camo pattern, that the actual build of the uniform will remain the same.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally getting rid of the Anti-Concealment Uniform, nice. Now if the Navy would figure out that you don't want to blend in with the ocean when you fall overboard, everyone will be set.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone in the DoD just needs to go with multicam and be done with it. Worked fine with BDUs and fatigues back in the day...these dozens of different uniforms are idiotic.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally getting rid of the Anti-Concealment Uniform, nice. Now if the Navy would figure out that you don't want to blend in with the ocean when you fall overboard, everyone will be set.

I think The NWU Type I is pretty sweet. Way better than dungarees. The Type II and Type III though are even more bad a$$.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone in the DoD just needs to go with multicam and be done with it. Worked fine with BDUs and fatigues back in the day...these dozens of different uniforms are idiotic.

Word. Pick a pattern that works in a wide variety of regions (whether it's multicam or something else) and mandate that every service wear the same combat uniform. There are always exceptions, but not enough to justify a completely different uniform for each and every service.

1) As usual, SOF can draw from their usual alternative sources as mission dictates.

2) If the Marines insist on keeping the EGA somewhere on their combat uniform then let them fund the modification of a pocket, or hat purchase, out of operational funds. Otherwise the patch that says "U.S. Marines" should be enough.

3) Variations authorized for exceptional climates and regions, mass issued prior to/upon arrival in theater like we did for years with chocolate chip/tri-color deserts and currently do now for Afghanistan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom