ATF’s proposed 48-hour lost gun reporting rule sparks industry backlash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is yet another flagrant example of the lib dem's hypocricy and double standards when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, guns and who is held accountable.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/12/atf-seeks-to-force-gun-dealers-to-quickly-report-l/
ATF’s proposed 48-hour lost gun reporting rule sparks industry backlash
Agency famously lost track of firearms in Fast and Furious debacle
By Kelly Riddell - The Washington Times
Tuesday, August 12, 2014

..."The federal law enforcement agency that has acknowledged losing track of hundreds of weapons(approx. 1400) in sting operations is trying to force legal gun dealers to do what it failed to accomplish: quickly report guns that get lost in transit."...

..."The public has 30 days to comment on the rule."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, I would report lost or stolen guns IMMEDIATELY upon discovery if I were an FFL holder. That said, BATFE is ill equipped to do anything at all about it. Furthermore, they are the proverbial pot calling the kettle balck on this topic.

Reporting lost or stolen guns through NCIC, via the local LE agency is ALL that needs to be done.

rsc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a home break in about 2 years ago, The police would only put missing guns in the report if I had given them the s/n's and make/models of what was missing. I was traveling out of state and had no idea what might have been missing without being present to do an inventory of my collection. They gave my stepson the report, no mention of weapons on it. I don't think the govt cares about a couple missing Mosins, especially after losing all those M16s

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All these unconstitutionally created agencies are no different. They take on the role of legislating, adjudicating, and executing their own "laws" that they disingenuously call "regulations". Blame Congress for this. Congress delegated its power to agencies that in turn usurp power from the courts and the executive. There is a great article about this in the current issue of "Imprimis". We need more than industry backlash. We need a backlash from the people.

Woody

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All these unconstitutionally created agencies are no different. They take on the role of legislating, adjudicating, and executing their own "laws" that they disingenuously call "regulations". Blame Congress for this. Congress delegated its power to agencies that in turn usurp power from the courts and the executive. There is a great article about this in the current issue of "Imprimis". We need more than industry backlash. We need a backlash from the people.

Woody

Read that article, very well written and informative.

Latest posts

Top Bottom