Auburn, AL: cop fired for blowing the whistle on ticket, arrest quotas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always knew that cops did this crap. I guarantee Tecumseh does it. It doesn't matter how little something is, you are getting a ticket with them. You could be going one mile over and you are getting a ticket. Just pathetic.

That is not a quota, that is revenue. They are paying their own salaries by writing tickets.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The average IQ score is 100. About half of the population have an IQ between 90 and 110, whereas 25% of the population has an IQ below 90 and the other 25% have an IQ above 110. An IQ score is descriptive of how intelligent a person is. Any person scoring an IQ score above 140 is considered to be a genius or near genius status because the highest score is 200. Any person scoring less than a 70 IQ

Anybody else find these numbers ...some what odd.?..half the population + 25%+25%
they got us all in there?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn you and your ability to do simple math... :)

If you're only able to make one contact every two hours, you're in the wrong profession.

Meh. Whether official or unofficial, quotas pretty much always have happened and always will. It Is common knowledge that this stuff is primarily about revenue generation.

These numbers don't seem to ridiculously high... 100 per month is 25 per week, which is 5 per day if you work a normal 5 day week. I know I break the law multiple times every time I get behind a wheel, and I see countless other people do it too. If you give me a radar gun and some flashing lights, I could absolutely pull over 5 folks per day for some kind of traffic offense. I don't know what a normal work day is like for a traffic beat cop, but it seems 5 stops in a day would not be anything out of the ordinary. Probably even on the low side.

The article says the requirement is 100 "contacts." It doesn't require at a ticket be given for all of them, or for any specified amount of them. I would think even consensual encounters would be considered a "contact." You could potentially work one of those in every time you fill up gas or stop to eat, by chatting folks up.

The quotas that are the worst in my mind, and most blantantly give lie to the "public safety" rationale, are the ones that require a certain number of tickets be written, or a certain dollar amount ticketed per month. This particular situation wouldn't appear to even fall into that category.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody else find these numbers ...some what odd.?..half the population + 25%+25%
they got us all in there?[/QUOTE]

I aint gonna argue with you, your the one whats got a 127 iq.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you find odd about them?

they got us all in there?

I aint gonna argue with you, your the one whats got a 127 iq.[/QUOTE]

Well for one they use half in one sentance/stat, then they use % in another stat...

.(I dont know Im just bs'n ya, and ya know, most iq's and stats are made up 40% of the time, and are only about 60% true........Most of the time)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom