Australian Officials Release “Map” of Legal Gun Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...ian-officials-release-map-of-legal-gun-owners
As part of a public relations campaign in support of the coming reforms, the office of Paul Papalia, Western Australia’s Minister for Police, prepared and made available to the media a “map” depicting locational information for licensed gun owners, broken down using green dots (handguns) and blue dots (rifles). The purpose, it seems, was to underscore the need for urgent changes in the law by showing what the government considered to be the alarming spread of licensed firearm ownership, despite the absence of any evidence that tied these owners to crime.

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if this is BS. I talked to a guy at the ISDE in 1994 at the John Zink Ranch that was from Australia. He claimed that you had to get permission from the local constable to buy a gun. You had to be a member of a local range and compete in matches to justify your need for a gun. The gun stayed at the range locked in a safe when you weren't shooting it. So, if they are giving maps away of gun owners, the guns may not be in the homes. This would make things worse for the gun owner if they were robbed in the middle of the night without a gun to protect themselves. I guess their gun laws could have changed since 1994 or the guy could have told me a line of BS.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if this is BS. I talked to a guy at the ISDE in 1994 at the John Zink Ranch that was from Australia. He claimed that you had to get permission from the local constable to buy a gun. You had to be a member of a local range and compete in matches to justify your need for a gun. The gun stayed at the range locked in a safe when you weren't shooting it. So, if they are giving maps away of gun owners, the guns may not be in the homes. This would make things worse for the gun owner if they were robbed in the middle of the night without a gun to protect themselves. I guess their gun laws could have changed since 1994 or the guy could have told me a line of BS.
Everything changed in 1996 for Australian gun owners.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on Australia and Canada. This is exactly where the Democrats want to take this country.

There's plenty of RINO's and Fudd's that would be okay with this as well. Plenty of people think people don't need AR-15s but then put a Ukraine flag in their profile. Sure some are here.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's plenty of RINO's and Fudd's that would be okay with this as well. Plenty of people think people don't need AR-15s but then put a Ukraine flag in their profile. Sure some are here.
You ain’t wrong unfortunately. Heck, there is an elder at my congregation that I have literally known my whole life and I really love this man. He is an NRA life member and has a ton of guns. But, none of them are semi autos. They are either single shot, lever action, or pumps. Before we got constitutional carry he had a handgun license but never carried. We were talking one day after bump stocks were banned and he was saying how nobody should be able to own that or a machine gun. We actually got into an argument over the 2A. He is the definition of a FUDD. Really is sad how many of those types exist. They do nothing but hurt our cause. We should be able to own whatever we want. And the 2A doesn’t say one word about felons not being able to own guns. I know many don’t like that but it’s the way it is. When restrictions start getting put on rights they are no longer rights, they are privileges. The 2A is no exception to this. We have to ask for permission to buy guns from a dealer. If we want an sbr, suppressor, or machine gun we have to not only get permission but we have to pay for it as well. Really sounds like a right doesn’t it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom