B. Petersen,CBS Reporter: Aurora Shooter’s Ammunition Purchase ‘Not that Unusual'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple quotes that stand out:

"As the boxes piled up, he began to shop for guns at sporting goods stores -- because of the need to pass a background check to buy a firearm, they are still generally bought at brick-and-mortar locations."

"Oates said the shooter wore a ballistic helmet, gas mask, throat-protector, tactical vest and pants..."

"By the time police arrived, 90 seconds later, Holmes had shot dozens of people because his rifle was modified with a high-powered drum magazine that allowed him to fire immense amounts of bullets without reloading."

"The NRA has managed to convince the country that this has to happen to protect our Second Amendment rights," Morse said. "As long as we let people buy these guns, we will bury our children."

"If I only had 6,000 rounds for my AR-15s, I'd literally feel naked," Brown said. Then he totaled up Holmes' firearms purchases: "Two handguns, a shotgun and a rifle. That's the average male in Colorado."

The rhetoric in some of those quotes grinds my gears but the last quote gave me a small smile. Has it been confirmed that he was only wearing a tactical vest unaccompanied by a bullet resistant vest? The media is content on using tactical and ballistic interchangeably to fan the fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom