B. Petersen,CBS Reporter: Aurora Shooter’s Ammunition Purchase ‘Not that Unusual'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, the reporter may be looking for a new job.... maybe at Fox News.

I asked in another thread how the shooter could have afforded all the ammo and weapons. Someone had said it was probably charged to a credit card because he wasn't gonna pay it off any way.

After talking to my neighbor, I can see how the shooter might easily have afforded everything he had bought.

This guy was studying for a PHD in Neuro-medicine. Apparently he already had a 6 yr masters degree. So, if he had been doing any paid residency work at the hospital near where he lived, he could have been making some good money at one point.

My neighbor's kid just became a anesthesiologist which takes 6 yrs of school.... a lot lower on the pole than a neuro surgeon. While going to school he was working at 2 different hospitals located on oposite sides of a very large city.. he was making enough to buy [not rent] two- 2 bedroom condos. One near each hospital he worked at so that he wouldn't have to drive long distances after getting off work after long shifts at either hospital. Now that he is fully licensed, he has sold those 2 condos and just started a new job at a hospital in Texas.. which will pay approx. $300,000 a yr to start. So the shooter could possibly have made enough money to pay for as much ammo & weapons as he wanted if he had been doing any paid residency work at the hospital. It will be interesting to find out just where he was getting his money. He had money for his apartment, utilities, phone, car / gas / insurance / groceries, furniture, and everything else.. I don't think it was all being charged to credit cards and student loan money.

I think you're confused. This "shooter" isn't a medical doctor nor was studying to be one so therefore he can't or could have been doing any "paid residency work". And second, to become anesthesiologist it takes 4 years college, 4 years med school and then a 4 year residency. That's 12 years and not 6. PHD students don't make squat.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I red this morning (probably on NBCNews.com) that he was receiving a $26,000/year stripend for living expenses in addition to any money he was receiving for tuition expenses.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're confused. This "shooter" isn't a medical doctor nor was studying to be one so therefore he can't or could have been doing any "paid residency work". And second, to become anesthesiologist it takes 4 years college, 4 years med school and then a 4 year residency. That's 12 years and not 6. PHD students don't make squat.

Not gonna argue with you, you are probably right... various news agencies are reporting all kinds of things about the shooter's background.. the truth about him could be any thing right now. As for my neighbor's son.. I have no personal knowledge of what his complete education & residency experience is or what his exact position is at his new job.... all I know is that his Dad & Mom are really bragging on him.. they told me his new job was as a anesthesologist at a hospital near Houston-- and they were extremely happy with the big salary he is now making. It was just specualtion about the Shooter.. like thousands of others are doing right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom