Batman Premiere: Mass Shooting-Aurora, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think this is a situation where even someone carrying a firearm would probably been outgunned here. Hopefully they could have at least save us some money trying this fool.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think this is a situation where even someone carrying a firearm would probably been outgunned here. Hopefully they could have at least save us some money trying this fool.

Exactly this ^^^

Any CC holder would have just been shot dead like everyone else in this situation. I don't care what your carrying for your CC. The shooter had and assualt rifle (from the news reports), bullet proof vest, riot gear, and had his victims funneling out through a door and waiting on them. A CC holder who wanted to be a hero in this situation would have ended up just as another victim.

This is just sad news all around. There are some crazy SOB's out there......

This sure will give an assault weapons ban more backing.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about it on the news this AM before leaving the house. Truly sad. Heard he was wearing a ballistic vest as well. CCW wouldnt even have helped here unless you could get a head shot and amongst the smoke bombs he threw in there it's very unlikely.

I hadn't heard a baby was killed in the literal sense of the word baby but I did hear that the youngest victim was a 6 year old, which is still very much a baby to most parents anyway. I heard on the news he had a rifle, a shotgun, a handgun and smoke bombs. How the hell did he get all this stuff in the theater? I don't care who you are, it's not easy to CCW an AR15 unless he had a serious SBR which I kind of doubt.

Glad the guy is in custody but I think this will be a historically remembered shooting, which I always hate because the shooter gets some infamy which none are entitled to. It's a bad one, as if they all weren't.

Let's ban bullet proof vests, knives and tear gas too...

I see your point but that's sort of an asinine comment. He didn't kill anyone with his BP vest, his knife, or tear gas.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
First, my prayers go up also for those involved. This is a terrible situation.

Yes and no. Still puts you on a better footing than unarmed. And, I like to think if someone had started some resistance, others would have joined in. Maybe too much to expect, but ya gotta hope.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes and no. Still puts you on a better footing than unarmed. And, I like to think if someone had started some resistance, others would have joined in. Maybe too much to expect, but ya gotta hope.

Or the bad guys might have turned and run if someone shot one of them. Problem would be being sure of your target.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Counting myself among the responsible gun owners in this country, I am shocked and saddened by this latest outrage. My prayers go out to all those in need of them.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Or the bad guys might have turned and run if someone shot one of them. Problem would be being sure of your target.

Smoke bombs, tear gas, and a theater full of people, it could have been a theater full of Navy Seals and the outcome would still have been bad. The police arrested him in the parking lot. Those calling for his immediate execution miss the need to question him to find out why a 24 y/o with nothing but a traffic ticket would go on a well planned mass killing spree.

For the families, the public, and responsible gun owners it just doesn't get any worse than this. We are in deep trouble.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I will say that these idiots are typically cowards. Shoot him in the leg and he'll likely go down and the threat can then be further taken out of the fight or disarmed. The problem as JB pointed out is there are people everywhere. Ensuring no collateral damage would be near impossible.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard on the news he had a rifle, a shotgun, a handgun and smoke bombs. How the hell did he get all this stuff in the theater? I don't care who you are, it's not easy to CCW an AR15 unless he had a serious SBR which I kind of doubt.

From what the reports say he used an emergency exit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom