Beavis and Butthead return to MTV, sneak preview inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have such mixed emotions about this. Beavis and Butthead was tied to an era as much as it was anything else. The music, the pop culture, etc. An era when lazy kids really did sit on the couch and make fun of music videos all day. Hell, MTV doesn't even play videos anymore. The unimaginable happened in that the vapid world of pop culture degraded to a point where it's almost too easy to ridicule. The "crisp" look of the animation is also strange to me.

Nevertheless, I have great faith in Mike Judge's ability to disguise brilliant satire as a stupid cartoon. I'd really like to see the boys give the new crop of wussy hipster bands the same treatment they gave to bands like Pavement in the old days. "They're too lazy to rock, and they're too lazy to clean the tub." Beavis and Butthead were the two greatest music critics of the 20th century.

I did lawl at "that's how she answers the phone".

Lastly, I'm sure Todd will still be cool. Block my view of the TV and you're dead.

I await the premiere with bated breath. Huh, he said bated.

Never fear, "Beavis and Butt-head" fans: our always-snickering pal Beavis is still the Great Cornholio and he still needs T.P. for his bunghole.

Mike Judge hit Comic-Con on Thursday to discuss the revival of his one-time MTV staple and explained that he quit doing the show in 1997 after a four-year run of 200 episodes because he was "getting a little burned out." But he has enthusiastically returned to the idea, with new episodes of "Beavis and Butt-head" set to return to MTV this October.

Based on the teaser Judge unveiled at the event, anyone expecting "Beavis and Butt-head" to veer from the path that made it a Gen-X favorite will be sorely disappointed.

Anyone expecting to laugh moronically like they did all those years ago, however, will be richly rewarded.

In fact, other than the inclusion of "Jersey Shore" clips that our animated heroes unload on in favor of music videos, the clip looks like it's straight out of the 1990s -- in a very, very good way.

"I'm a whore, hello?" says Snooki in a snippet from "The Jersey Shore."

"That's how she answers the phone," jokes Butt-head, to the giggling approval of his pal Beavis.

Thank you, Mike Judge.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/beavis-and-butt-head-mike-judge-trailer-video

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The music, the pop culture, etc. An era when lazy kids really did sit on the couch and make fun of music videos all day. Hell, MTV doesn't even play videos anymore.

MTV stopped playing music even before they decided to program a bunch of crap like "Beavis 'n Butthead" all day long...

Latest posts

Top Bottom