Becoming a FFL/Class III Dealer??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A "Class 3" dealer is just a licensed Firearms dealer that has paid an extra SOT (special occupation tax). That is it. Of course there are rules, regs and procedure but we could fill a book with that. If your really wanting to become one then order a form 7 packet ( make sure you get the packet and not just the form) from the ATF's distribution center. and while it is waiting brush up on firearm regs. while you wait for it to come in and be processed. After you get approved for the license all you have to do is pay the extra 500 dollars a year due every July 1st. Note: if it is paid in February then you would owe it again in July

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for that info. How hard is it to set up an account with manufactures?

Pretty darn easy, Start by calling the MFG and see if you can buy direct or from a distributer ( they will get you a list). You'll send them a copy of your license and SOT,.. Since you are new they will require you to be a cash customer but that is pretty standard

If you really - really wanting to go foreword with this Id highly recommend getting a current copy of the ATF Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide and studying it. Also, Find on the ATF's site all the past issues of FFL newsletters and read every one you can find. I guarantee that if you can learn that then you'll be better informed then 99 percent of the licensed dealers out there. If you get to T-town often hit me up and I'll let you borrow a copy of the FFRRG

Latest posts

Top Bottom