Been doing wings this way for a couple years now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I would share some pics I took today of the process.

[Broken External Image]
4.5lbs of Chicken Wings, split at the joint.

[Broken External Image]
My steamer.

[Broken External Image]
Some steamed wings.

[Broken External Image]
Garlic and Kosher Salt.

[Broken External Image]
Cause anything worth one stick of butter is certainly worth two sticks of butter.

[Broken External Image]
Mmmm. Sauce.

[Broken External Image]
After the oven.

[Broken External Image]
If you are buying those bags of chicken wings you cook in the oven all pre-sauced and stuff, you're doing it wrong! (Hell, if you're buyin' 'em from BWW, WS or PH, you're doin' in wrong!)

amodernlv.files.wordpress.com_2009_05_swedish_chef.jpg

Bon Appetit!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Basically, steam wings for 10 minutes. This gets all the excess fat out. Then throw them in the oven on baking sheets w/ drying racks for 20 minutes each side @ 450F. (Basically, what you are doing here is reducing the fat by steaming to just the right amount to "fry" the wing in its own fat)

The wings come out super crispy on the skin. Sauce (at least what I use for 4.5lbs of wings) is 2 stick of butter, a couple of pinches of kosher salt. 3 big cloves of fresh garlic minced, a small pinch/smidgen of cayenne, and some lousiana hot sauce. As soon as the wings come out of the oven,... toss with the sauce in a large bowl.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mmm looks good. May I add the suggestion of a quarter cup of honey to your sauce? Nice salt cellar. Le Creuset.. looks like we got a chef here.

I'll have to try the honey. Was going to try some hawaiian bbq sauce last night, but didnt have all the ingrediants to make it (mainly, missing pineapple juice).

As far as the Le Creuset, I would imagine maybe 5 people on this board know that that is without needing to look it up. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom