Bethany Oil tank lighting strike and resulting fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, that was something to behold. I was sitting in my garage, waiting on the neighbors to come over and was facing east/northeast-ish when it happened. 👀👀👀 About a mile from my house. No I didn't get any video. I'm an old lady. I do not view my world thru a camera lens. Mostly ... Lol ... Unless Snoop is involved then I feel like I owe y'all a peek into the genius that resides in that dog's soul. 🤗

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all the tight spots those two have been in over the years and the things they've seen and close calls I'm sure also...........the screaming was a little unexpected lol.

Grumpy said he wanted "us" to be storm chasers when he retired. I have no idea who this "us" is but I hope they enjoy theirselves driving around in ****** weather and all ... 😏 I'll be right where I was last night -- sitting in my garage, with the lights on and the garage door up, waiting on neighbors to come join me in the Portal to Hell (the shelter in the ground in my garage). 🤗

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grumpy said he wanted "us" to be storm chasers when he retired. I have no idea who this "us" is but I hope they enjoy theirselves driving around in ****** weather and all ... 😏 I'll be right where I was last night -- sitting in my garage, with the lights on and the garage door up, waiting on neighbors to come join me in the Portal to Hell (the shelter in the ground in my garage). 🤗

Before or after you were attacked by a tree? I wouldnt chase storms with you in Antarctica. We would some how be killed by a flying tree.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like we go on one of these about every time it storms any more. Oil guy show up and says "let it burn, it's all insured", so that's what we do.
In most of those cases, "let it burn" is the best option.

At least the gloom and doom news wasn't on site, reporting the situation.

I was living south of Houston. News report broke in, reporting a lightening strike and HUGE 50,000 gallon tank of (spoken very seriously) isopropanol was on fire. A decision had been made to "let it burn", a nearby school (question) "was NOT being evacuated" and parents were being told "not to pick up children before regular time."

This moron went on and on about this HUGE TANK (50k gal) of toxic chemical (rubbing alcohol), left to burn, (inside a dike), NEAR A SCHOOL FULL OF CHILDREN.

I can show you 500,000 gallon tanks of cyanide, phosgene, and the bad stuff. Not rubbing alcohol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom