Bethany Oil tank lighting strike and resulting fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In most of those cases, "let it burn" is the best option.

At least the gloom and doom news wasn't on site, reporting the situation.

I was living south of Houston. News report broke in, reporting a lightening strike and HUGE 50,000 gallon tank of (spoken very seriously) isopropanol was on fire. A decision had been made to "let it burn", a nearby school (question) "was NOT being evacuated" and parents were being told "not to pick up children before regular time."

This moron went on and on about this HUGE TANK (50k gal) of toxic chemical (rubbing alcohol), left to burn, (inside a dike), NEAR A SCHOOL FULL OF CHILDREN.

I can show you 500,000 gallon tanks of cyanide, phosgene, and the bad stuff. Not rubbing alcohol.

That's why we just wait at the gate for the oil guy to get there lol.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before or after you were attacked by a tree? I wouldnt chase storms with you in Antarctica. We would some how be killed by a flying tree.
Oh it was WAY before. And I wouldn't chase storms with me, either. My primal instinct to GO IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF DANGER IS INSANELY STRONG!!

Ahem ... I mean it doesn't make sense to chase the very thing you cannot control -- Mother Nature -- on a day she is CLEARLY PMSing. 🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom