Bought a Llama (Har Har Har)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two Llama .45s. One is commander sized and the other is full sized.

Magazines were the key to both. Mec Gar and Wilson Combat are the two that work best. CMC mags also work pretty well in these.

And no, I wouldn't sell either of these guns for $100. They go bang every time they are supposed to, unlike my Kimber which was "slightly" more expensive. (The Kimber is finally okay after a couple of trips to New York and some new mags, but it was a struggle.)

Some 1911 parts will fit Llamas, and some can be adapted. I have put CMC hammers and sears in both to improve the triggers. One was virtually a drop-in job. The other required a little fitting to get everything to work just right.

You got a good deal on this gun. CB

"A one "L" lama, he's a priest. A two "L" llama, he's a beast." Ogden Nash

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While they may not be Colt or S&W quality they do serve a purpose, A lot (most) of people forget that pistols like the LLama are made for up close and personal action. not long range target shooting. If it goes bang everytime love it for what it is, an economical practical pistol. I learned a long time ago not to bad mouth or turn my nose up to guns like it. Some times they work better for what they were intended for than the high dollar custom guns. For self defense you seldom need a pistol that will shoot a 2" group at 50 yards and if you do need to shoot someone in self defense at 50 yards you had better have a darn good verifiable reason.

chefsamuel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the llama cometh. Bought a Chip McCormick (thanks guys) and did some serious polishing on the feed ramp. Now it's shooting great, put 200 through it today. Held pretty tight groups too once I got used to the trigger pull.

pickett235

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad has one with a broken extractor and and another that does not feed every time. He has looked for a new extractor but can not find one. Any ideas on where to find one? We have tried several different mags on the one with a feeding issue with no luck. Will polishing the ramp help?

chefsamuel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine had a ridge about half way up the feed ramp that the nose of the bullet was pinning against. You might check and see if yours has a similar prob. I don't have any ideas as far as extractors, maybe someone else here knows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom