Bowling Ball Cannon vs Bulletproof(?) Glass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This guy does some odd/off-the-wall videos(fun to watch) about like Demolition Ranch does his videos. He does get a shot off into the glass about mid video.

Bowling Ball Cannon vs Glass

Edwin Sarkissian
Published on May 2, 2019

Last edited:

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG, Edwin, Edwin, Edwin. Your trying out for Darwin.

That suspiciously looked like smokeless powder. It's not even pyrodex which is a poor cannon powder, but can be made to work. Scary for sure. Hope he at least finds some pyrodex. Shooting the gun with the barrel pointing backwards on that Coach's Club mortar assures tumbling. Coach's mortar bases are a bit light to start with.

That orange ball he was using is about 10 lbs and is a light weight ball for kids. Thin wall light core, no wonder it shattered. I save all mine for pond shooting. After hitting the water , the ball floats and can be recovered and shot again.

Bowling ball mortars are fun to shoot. Places to shoot are hard to find in OK, but Dennis Hoddy came through for me.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In case you missed it, Edwin fired his mortar straight up in the air. Still using smokeless powder, he folded the mortar carriage in half and lost his ball. Yes he shot straight up and doesn't know where the ball went. Scary stuff.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In case you missed it, Edwin fired his mortar straight up in the air. Still using smokeless powder, he folded the mortar carriage in half and lost his ball. Yes he shot straight up and doesn't know where the ball went. Scary stuff.
Yikes... orbit? Hope he doesn't have any close neighbors...
106178-b7e1941ea8db5163fe4c94d654cb9705.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously doesn't know where it landed? That is scary......It would be hard to take your eye off the sky.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were out in the middle of Nevada desert where you can see for miles. So no one else around, that helps. The wind was blowing 20-25 mph ao that help blow the ball away. And they did hear the ball impact. Dennis when I bring my bowling ball mortar up, I can assure you there will be no such idiocy.

Here is the second video. again they have a flare from using smokeless powder.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were out in the middle of Nevada desert where you can see for miles. So no one else around, that helps. The wind was blowing 20-25 mph ao that help blow the ball away. And they did hear the ball impact. Dennis when I bring my bowling ball mortar up, I can assure you there will be no such idiocy.

Here is the second video. again they have a flare from using smokeless powder.

I'm glad you posted the second video. I hadn't seen it and was getting confused as to what you were talking about.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lawn dart one is interesting. I had a tornado shelter installed and it had a panel of "bullet proof glass" that was 3x 1/2" plexiglass (or similar) material. Doing some reading, it appears that FEMA doesn't have any provisions in their "certifying" requirements that allow for this. So, I asked the installer to replace the glass with a vent, to which they pushed back saying that it's "certified and safe." Ultimately, I removed the glass and replaced it with a steel plate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom