Bring on the home grown booze!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Construction on the Prairie Wolf Spirits distillery in Guthrie set to begin Tuesday; Twister Distillery Co. in Moore awaits final license approval.

Two new distilleries are expected to open in the coming months, in Moore and Guthrie, in what is a virtually untapped industry in Oklahoma.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-distille...n-guthrie-moore/article/3706998#ixzz25bVsXtKr

I got to tour the Breckenridge distillery last year. I thought this was a good idea when I saw it.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That designer vodka outfit in OKC shut down a few years back, right?

Edit: yup, the article states that directly. I asked before I read.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep closed because under Oklahoma law it was or is impossible to export liquor from this state. The Winemakers finally got an exception a few years ago.

I did a distillery tour at Corsair Artisan in Nashville last year it was pretty cool.

At least last time I read title 37 there was no provision for exporting liquor, since it was specifically banned from export by 37-505 and no provision elsewhere in title 37 specified a procedure by which liquor could be exported it meant that an Oklahoma distiller is stuck selling strictly within our borders. Not a very large market, considering the taxes and permit costs at the state and federal level for a craft distillery.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom