Browning .22 Semi Take Down Value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a good friend here with a Browning .22 Auto Take Down that was built in the 50's and is still in the box and covered with cosmoline. Never been fired. He says it is a USA made rifle and was before they were made in Belgium. He bought it for $500 20 yrs ago. Any idea what it is worth now?

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you are right about that. I told him and he is supposed to get the serial # checked. I told him he ought to sell it on Gunbroker but I don't know what he is going to do.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There is a Japanese SA 22 on Armslist for $750 which is way too high in my opinion.

The Belgium made Grade I Brownings usually go for around $700-$750 in very good condition. They are very sweet rifles designed by none other than John Moses Browning himself. If I remember correctly it is the last gun he designed before his death.

After fact checking I found I was wrong about his last design.

The premium priced Browning Superposed shotgun, an over-under shotgun design for the ages, was his last completed firearm design and possibly his most elegant.

Here's a little info from Browning about the SA-22. There was a .22LR and a .22 Short version.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/family.asp?webflag_=022B

Here are the "Blue Book" values for a Grade I Belgian Mfg. SA-22.

100% @ $800
98% @ $700
95% @ $600
90% @ $545
80% @ $440
70% @ $360
60% @ $280

Last edited:

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have held two of the Norinco copies that sold new for $99 and I would rather have one of them for the price.

I have a friend that I saw shoot a sparrow out of the air with one of the SA 22s. His dad had a couple of them. He could hit anything you threw into the air with them. I never knew him to shoot aspirin like I have seen trick shooters do but he was a good shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom