Bullet explodes inside woman’s purse, shoots her leg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had one occasion where I had a bag of 9mm bullets I was carrying from my reloading area to another room was dropped. I had been loading 115 grain FMJ bullets. When the bag hit the floor, the nose of one of the bullets hit the primer of another and it went off. I was surprised that neither the brass or the bullet penetrated the bag.

On another note, I read an article some years ago where a guy had some .22LR bullets in his pocket with a 9v battery and a round went off. Supposedly the bullet made contact with both terminals made contact with the brass and the powder ignited.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had one occasion where I had a bag of 9mm bullets I was carrying from my reloading area to another room was dropped. I had been loading 115 grain FMJ bullets. When the bag hit the floor, the nose of one of the bullets hit the primer of another and it went off. I was surprised that neither the brass or the bullet penetrated the bag.

On another note, I read an article some years ago where a guy had some .22LR bullets in his pocket with a 9v battery and a round went off. Supposedly the bullet made contact with both terminals made contact with the brass and the powder ignited.

Those must have been some really "soft" primers and some really "pointy" bullets.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who writes this kind of stuff? The "tip"? I've sometimes shot, hunted, etc., with ammo in my pockets for 30 years, and never had that happen. What a load.

I've found a couple of other stories of it happening but they were like FireCop's example involving a longer fall. I also found a couple about live rounds being dropped on gravel at a range and going off but both those examples are very different than those posted in the article.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found a couple of other stories of it happening but they were like FireCop's example involving a longer fall. I also found a couple about live rounds being dropped on gravel at a range and going off but both those examples are very different than those posted in the article.

It's a guberment conspiracy. Obama is going to take our bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom