Woman pepper sprays other Black Friday shoppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[LOS ANGELES (AP) — A woman shot pepper spray to keep shoppers from merchandise she wanted during a Black Friday sale, and 20 people suffered minor injuries, authorities said.

The incident occurred shortly after 10:20 p.m. Thursday in a crowded Los Angeles-area Walmart as shoppers hungry for deals were let inside the store.]

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-pepper-...dpcmVsZXNzBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0Aw--;_ylv=3

dru

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to admit, after reading this I had lots of lulz.

Is anyone surprised by this? It just seems to be a natural consequence of a culture that emphasizes materialism and the acquisition of the most stuff. When people are willing to camp out for days on end to get the best deal and, in so doing, ignore so many other important aspects of their lives, things like this become just the next logical step in the progression.

I feel for the people who were pepper sprayed but I'll wager they all had the same mentality that the sprayer did, they just hadn't taken the next logical step...yet. Similar to the 2008 wal-mart trampling of a store employee by a mob of people wanting a good deal.

Just pathetic.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody remember when those two grandmas shot it out at the walmart in Mellonville over the last copy of Tikle Me Elmo?
I think they were both under-armed with something like .32acp, but it was still kind of a mess. It's a case study on what not to do in a gun fight. Masood whatshis name wrote an article about it. I'll try to find a link.

Latest posts

Top Bottom