Bullets are illegal in Mexico. How's that working out for the cartels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On January 1, 1994, the North American Free Trade Agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico (NAFTA) entered into force.

All remaining duties and quantitative restrictions were eliminated, as scheduled, on January 1, 2008.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On January 1, 1994, the North American Free Trade Agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico (NAFTA) entered into force.

All remaining duties and quantitative restrictions were eliminated, as scheduled, on January 1, 2008.

Mexico repeatedly petitioned to lift the trucking restriction and GW blocked it. Obama did not block it, allowing mexican truckers to drive through the US, eliminating jobs for US truckers.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to El Paso in the "70s to go to Mexico was going to park & take a taxi, was going down a 4 lane trying to exit. Looked up ahead big sign said entering Mexico. shoot a u at first chance. Coming back into US motioned over for check. They went through suit cases looked under the seats ETC. Agent finds my brand new 44AUTOMAG.His eyes were shining says we are going to confistcate gun if u cant prove u bought it in the US. My wonderful wife had the receite in her purse . they gave me back my gun.It was way to easy to accidently drive into Mexico.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Cartels have no problems with getting ammunition. If the cops down there say anything about it, the Cartel just sends a group to the officers house and kill him and his whole family and nothing else is ever said about the bullets or the murders.

That's what the American media likes us to think.
Everything we are told about how stufff works is Mexico is pretty much BS. All we get told is the bad, then it gts hyped up to be worse than it really is.
As for this story, not sure about accidentally driving to Mexico. But i know if they find a single cartrage in your vehicle that isn't declared while crossing the boarder it can be years in jail! Even a spent casing....
So clean out your trucks before crossing the boarder, an empty .22 case in the bed could mean a long stay south of the boarder.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, the police down there do not speak English, if you get in trouble you will have to find and pay for an interpreter to get bail, etc. It is cheap to get things done down there compared to up here, but is not free... Penalties are harsh down there, they do not have city jails that you sit in to wait for trial, etc. You have 72 hours to get bail posted and get out, otherwise you are sent to a prison to wait for trial and disposition. You don't want to be a Gringo in a Mexican prison.

Go to the American Consulate or talk with them, they will help some. Get your bail set, make your bail, leave and never go back......

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were told there is not such thing as "bail" in mexico...
Plus you have to have a hearing before your allowed to be release and right now there is a 6-8 month wait before your first hearing!
That's why they say to pay the cops whatever it takes to not get arrested.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were told there is not such thing as "bail" in mexico...
Plus you have to have a hearing before your allowed to be release and right now there is a 6-8 month wait before your first hearing!
That's why they say to pay the cops whatever it takes to not get arrested.

This is correct except for the bail part. Of course, who knows where my "bail" money that I paid for someone actually went.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom