Bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
J&K, Home cast, Berry's or other brand plated.. I prefer the truncated cone style over swc. They seem to feed better in my semi autos. I have Lee 6 cavity molds in 9mm, 40sw and 45acp in that style. I just finished loading 600 180 grain ltc style bullets that I cast, sized and lubed just for that run. Much easier to buy already done from mitch.. Dang tax time anyway...

Blitzfike

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For my 1911, I've tried the SWC from J&K and am having feeding issues with them.
Talked to a "guru" at the range today, and he said I was seating them too deep.
Evidence was the case was getting a small ding at the mouth on the ones that jammed. My fault, not the bullets that Mitch supplies.
Loaded up a couple hundred before finding this out, so have just been shooting them up. Still fun, and educational learning how to clear a jam.:D

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my 1911, I've tried the SWC from J&K and am having feeding issues with them.
Talked to a "guru" at the range today, and he said I was seating them too deep.
Evidence was the case was getting a small ding at the mouth on the ones that jammed. My fault, not the bullets that Mitch supplies.
Loaded up a couple hundred before finding this out, so have just been shooting them up. Still fun, and educational learning how to clear a jam.:D

Thanks for the info. I have a 1911 too. I'll be sure to check that when I get started on them.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have a 1911 too. I'll be sure to check that when I get started on them.

The OAL of a SWC almost always has to be tailored to each firearm to get them to feed correctly. I've been using 1.25" (and a little more crimp than usual) for quite a while now and they have fed fine in my Glocks and 1911's.

I recommend loading up ten "dummy" rounds without powder and primer to see if they will manually load through the magazine and firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom