"But officer..."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Do you know why I pulled you over"

Me....."Because I didn't see where you were hiding in time to slow down".

The highway patrol just chuckled and let me go with a warning. 74 in a 65.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Do you know why I pulled you over"

Me....."Because I didn't see where you were hiding in time to slow down".

The highway patrol just chuckled and let me go with a warning. 74 in a 65.

Lol ...

GC and I had been dating for a little while (long enough for me to snag a tag badge :naughty:) and were on our way to Wannemacher when he says to me "You know, baby, you might want to slow it down a little. We aren't in a hurry ... "

Pfft ... there's nobody else on the highway, the weather is perfect, why would I want to do that?

Because that OHP cruiser coming out from that bar ditch is gonna be pissed if you make him really crank it up to catch you. He's probably trying to finish his morning coffee.

:shocked: Sure enough ... :disappoin

Ok, now what GC DIDN'T know at the time was that I'd forgotten to switch out the paperwork in my glove box and didn't have my current insurance verification ... :lookaroun Not only that but I'd not picked up my pocketbook and didn't have my driver's license on me either ... :lookaroun :lookaroun

Trooper comes up to my window and says "Where are you headed this morning, ma'am?"

Me: Ahhhh, ahem, err, well, Wannemacher's, sir ...
GC: :disappoin
Trooper: Really? What are you gonna buy?
GC: :disappoin
Me: Depends on how much the ticket you are gonna write me is ...
GC: :shocked: :yikes2:
Trooper: :rotflmao: Well, I'm pretty sure he's gonna ride you like a dying horse once y'all get gone, huh?
GC: Oh, yeah ...
Me: :shocked:
Trooper: You guys have fun at the gun show. And slow down, will ya??

I told GC that if it weren't broad daylight and if there weren't a trooper with me already on his radar, I'd have given him a Post 12 right then and there ...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A late Norman detective once told me about getting pulled over on his way back from a fishing trip with another LEO in the southeast part of the state. He said the county sheriff pulled him over, took a look at his badge, then started asking questions, leading up to this exchange:

"So, you got the day off?"

"Yessir."

"You got the whole day off?"

"Yessir."

"Well then, slow down and enjoy it."

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True story. Happened to me

Still new to the job just out of the academy.
Pulled over this very very elderly woman who had JUSt ran a stop light right in front of me.
So naturally I stop her.

Get her license
and I tell her she had just ran the stop light at 15th and SUnnylane.

SHe looks at me and says,

"sunny, I was going thru that intersection when your daddy didnt know what your mommy was for"
she then snatched the DL from my hand got in her car and drove off..................

Just left me standing there stuned, bewildered, shocked

THis was my first exposure to "contempt of cop

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An OHP Trooper told me a similar story years ago. Another Trooper had pulled over a lady who was doing about Warp 1, so when he got to the window, he asked her were the fire was.

She replied, "Between my legs, and you don't have hose to put it out!" then slammed it into drive and took off.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So your saying the post 12 would have been so fast you'd be ticketed for speeding eh?
;)

[/QUOTE]

Let's just say I was doing "in excess of the posted speed" ... enough so that I had absolutely NO PROBLEM showing him my gratitude later on ... at a much, much slower pace ... :fallangel

Latest posts

Top Bottom