CA Lawmaker Proposes Banning Body Armor for All “Civilians”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"This bill will keep military body armor out of the wrong hands,” Honda said. “It would ensure that only law enforcement, firefighters and other first responders would be able to access enhanced body armor.”

I was under the impression that law enforcement, firefighters and first responders were civilians. Something change that I didn't hear about?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that law enforcement, firefighters and first responders were civilians. Something change that I didn't hear about?
I'm going to go with...yes:
media.salon.com_2011_12_AP110921049117_460x307.jpg

120511-news-militarized-police-1-2-ss-662w.jpg

media.salon.com_2014_06_riot_police_620x4121.jpg

www.akdart.com_images_boston.jpg

sandiegofreepress.org_wp_content_uploads_2014_06_militarize_police.jpg

www.newyorker.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_167006436_580.jpg

www.standupamericaus.org_sua_wp_content_uploads_2012_06_militarized_police_puppetgov.jpg

www.nationofchange.org_sites_default_files_imagecache_article_16acf3619aa41537d3a972d721aa826b.jpg

I though "Prepare for Combat" was a particularly nice touch for a university...and don't forget the athletic sponsor's logo!

But it still wasn't as good as "The Peacemaker." Because the attitude of "peace through superior firepower" works as well with hometown police just as well as it does with strategic nuclear bombers.
www.scpolicycouncil.org_wp_content_uploads_2013_08_Tank_Peacemaker.jpg

DepMacRet

New to the site!
Reaction score
Must be Election time in Cali. This kind of nonsense is why I left. I'm Retired LEO and even we had handgun and "Assault Weapon" restrictions. Glad I'm Here now!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that means no body armor for politicians too....although I'm sure this toad would make sure there was an exemption for them because their lives are so valuable afterall.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1st definition
ci·vil·ian
səˈvilyən/
noun
a person not in the armed services or the police force.
synonyms: noncombatant, nonmilitary person, ordinary citizen, private citizen; informalcivvy
"family members and other civilians were quickly evacuated from the post"

Latest posts

Top Bottom