Can this be right? Nearly a 1000lbft of energy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth247

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/59062

check that out. That's fiochi's extreme xtp line. Loaded with hornadYs XTP bullet in .45. Going 1500 fps. If that's correct, wow, talk about a man stopper. And it's cheap so practice ain't gonna brake the bank.

This is the second time I've seen this round listed. First time was at cheaperthandirt. One of the cheaperthandirt reviews on a slower round in this line said that it was dirty ammo. But even if that also applys to the high speed round, I don't care if it smokes like an old Cadillac if it can put that much power into someone.

Is it possible that could be a typo on two different sites?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hornady's 7th Edition doesn't show a single load over 1050 FPS with that bullet. I know that their data is on the mild side but dayum! I'd have to see those chron'd before I believe it. If they do go that fast wouldn't shoot them in my guns. That's faster than a either of the Federal .357 Magnum loads. The 125 grain JHP and the 130 grain Hydrashok. It just 10 FPS short of the Hornady 125 grain CD load with the FTX bullet and that's stated out of a 8" barrel.

I'm calling BS or it's very seriously over pressured.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Fiocchi site lists the .45 ACP XTP as a 200 grain bullet at 900 fps.
I think someone made an entry error in Bud's database.

Fiocchi USA

I think you are right. They don't even show a 185 Grain load at all and they claim their 155 grain frangible only goes 1125. The only Extrema XTPs I see are 200 and 230 grain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom