Canton wma hogs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A buddy and myself shot 275lb and 300lb boars two different evenings 3 summers ago. We were on the south side, west of the lake. I think we were just in the right spot at the right time, we just happened to see tracks in the road along a small field and decided to set there till dark and see what came out. Mosquitoes were incredible and right at sunset about 30 ran out, picked out the two biggest ones and fired. Buddy missed but I killed 300lb one. Had no idea how big it was till we walked up. Came back next night and he killed the other boar. Havent seen much sign there since. Most people see most sign on north side of river and even take small boats up river, as alot of it's not very foot accessable. Happy hunting!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never hunted hogs on purpose there but see them some when deer hunting. I hear them often at the crack of dawn squealing and grunting but seldom see them during the day. I have always thought taking a canoe down the river in the early or late of the day would be a great way to shoot some.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
a friend of mine goes up for the sand bass run, he sees hogs along the river on the north side. might have to give it a try myself sometime.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was up in that area last weekend doing some coyote hunting and decided to drive in there...

There were sure alot of people out there...we ended up leaving because there were atleast 2 trucks parked at every spot!

Latest posts

Top Bottom