Cheddite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at doing some shotshell reloading and I've found some deals on hulls that are "Cheddite" primed and I've never heard of it. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought some about 20 years ago, and recall no problems with them. I think I ran them through a sizemaster mec, so do not know how much adjustment a grabber or other progressive press might require. Seems like these were 28 ga.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been using the cheddite primers in everything from 410 to 12 ga. without problems. Powder valley had a good price on them and I tried them because of that. I'm happy with them.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought some hulls that were already primed and when I read the description, it said they were "cheddite" primed. I have not heard of that before. It got me to thinking along the lines of boxer and berdan primed. I was already making plans on what to do if they were corrosive primers.

I'm also looking at some videos about "roll crimping" and I want to try that out. I think I'm going to make some 00 buckshot rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom