CHK hits 52 week low

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.google.com/finance?cid=656337

The U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission has opened an informal inquiry into the loans, Reuters reported yesterday, citing an unidentified source familiar with the matter. SEC spokesman Kevin Callahan declined to comment.

Chesapeake said it would end the program that gives McClendon a 2.5 percent stake in every one of the company's thousands of wells in 2015, when the shareholder approval of the program that started in 2005 expires.

All I am saying that that a 52 week low is never a good thing. And it seems a bit premature to confirm the 2015 end to a program three years early in 2012, unless of course you know there is something dubious about it.

I'm curious about how this will play out. I'm also a bit worried about OKC considering all of the development and positivity that CHK's capital investment has brought to the community.

Last edited:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know....may be an opportunity. Once I followed a stock that took a tumble on an SEC investigation. Value plummeted, despite the fact it was a solid company. I bought a little. Within 9 months it had skyrocketed. Wished I had bought a lot.

On the other hand...there's ENRON

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know....may be an opportunity. Once I followed a stock that took a tumble on an SEC investigation. Value plummeted, despite the fact it was a solid company. I bought a little. Within 9 months it had skyrocketed. Wished I had bought a lot.

yeah, that didn't work out too well for me either.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I am saying that that a 52 week low is never a good thing.

That's not true at all. The market can be as irrational on the way down, as it can be on the way up. Just depends on the stock and the company. I expected to see CHK to be about half of what it is, but it's not getting crushed so let's hope this is a bottom and that the investigation is benign.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, let me qualify my statement:

A 52 week low is never a good thing with the announcement of an SEC investigation and fears of the firm possibly facing liquidity crisis.

I agree I wish I would have bought some Bank of America, Citi, or Ford at their lows 4 years or so ago.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Or Williams Communication...

Latest posts

Top Bottom