Clean out the freezer shoot and eat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only crow buster out there. Dennis, there's no way I would eat them. Those guys who use those recipes must really be hurting for a meal. I mainly take them out, because they are constantly on my feeders. Crows= tree rats.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fay, OK, has a "beast feast" every year...I think sometime in October, where all the local hunters clean out their freezers, and cook up their own game right at the feed which is held at the old Fay school. It is a really neat event. Very laid back...all the family comes..there's an old playground for the children to play on. You're free to drink a beer while you mingle. The weather's always great. It's held most of the day, but I generally go a little before dark. It's open to the public. There's a wide variety of sides, and desserts, and iced tea for those who want it. All that's asked is a free-will donation which goes toward the upkeep of the old school which is now a community center.

Where is Fay? I thought I knew of all of the comunities in the area around Medford. Guess not?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive been getting worked up for crow season, need to get my dekes out and touch them up, need to load some shells, need to get another speaker....I guess I need to get busy...:rubhands:

Saw your crow pics from last season....impressive.

Your buddy Spencer checked me the other day. Told him you were on here...he knew that.:D You need to get him signed up...He is a good GW.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only crow buster out there. Dennis, there's no way I would eat them. Those guys who use those recipes must really be hurting for a meal. I mainly take them out, because they are constantly on my feeders. Crows= tree rats.

One of my fondest memories of my grandfather is a few squirrel/crow hunting trips. We had a huge pecan grove we were allowed to hunt. We would start out shooting squirrels the size of house cats then we would start calling crows. I got so good at one point I could call crows without a call, but that is another crow hunting story.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw your crow pics from last season....impressive.

Your buddy Spencer checked me the other day. Told him you were on here...he knew that.:D You need to get him signed up...He is a good GW.

Yeah, Spencer mentioned he met you, he was running the trolling motor when I shot the grass carp I posted couple weeks ago. He come down for a Smallmouth Smackdown on the Barren Fork with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom