Cna this shot shell be reloaded?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. As recommended in one of your other posts on this matter, Winchester AA and Remington STS are the best for reloading. The cheap hulls you speak of, will not crimp well and your shot will dump out. Fiocchi makes a hull that is reloadable as well.

Reloadable:
Winchester AA
Remington STS
Fiocchi

Not reloadable:
Anything other than the 3 listed above.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knew one fellow who claimed he could load any hull, and he sure tried.
Real question is, how much trouble do you want to deal with?
The bulk packaged shotgun hulls often are heat sealed in the middle of the crimp, and when shot tend to rip out a chunk, leaving a hole in the crimp when reloaded.
If you want to take a glue gun and reseal every crimp, you could, but.........?

I have run across some older WIN Super-X that were the same internal volume as the AA hulls, but I don't know about the current manufacture.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technically they are reloadable, but you can expect some problems. I reload them for CAS, but only use them in double barreled shotguns. I cut them down to just below the crimp line, then use an overshot card to hold the shot in. I be highly surprised if they'd function in a pump or semi.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are better hulls for reloading, that's for sure.

I've had pretty good success with the grey hulls you can get at walmart by the bag. AA hulls have been pretty successful in the Lee load-all I got from another member last summer.

I have loaded a some of those promo hulls. It can be done, but crimps are iffy and an overshot card is generally used. I can run them in my autoloader though, never had a jam, but they take twice as long to load because every last one of them requires extra attention to keep from buckling the side, jacking up the crimp, or both.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think Federal Gold Medal hulls are some of the best hulls on the market. They are considered straight wall hulls, have a lot of capacity and the preferred 8 point crimp. These hulls are good for several loadings...

My wife ordered 5,000 of the FGM hulls for me a couple of years ago, and paid $125 shipped for the lot of them....

Latest posts

Top Bottom