cobray .410/45LC SXS????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunsBellows

Marksman
Reaction score
hey yall, it's been awhile (sorry).

so i went to my concealed carry class a week or two back, and one of the instructors let me steal a view of this interesting snake gun he had...

he stated it was a side by side .410/45LC handgun made by cobray, not very usefull besides the novelty factor and blasting snakes... but fun non the less. from what he was telling me, the cobray factory has gone tits up and are no longer in business... but b/c the "useless" factor of these derringers, you can find them just about anywhere for sale.

i think he was blowing smoke up my butt, cause i cant find 'em anywhere. so my question to you all... have you guys seen 'em at any pawn shops, private sellers or gun stores? they have 'em on gunbroker or gunsamerica, but i dont really feel to go throught the trouble of an ffl and all that jazz if i can do without.

take care guys, i appreciate the help...

-rb

Reaction score
Well, only thought that comes to my mind is, *IF* you find them appealing/useful as a small/concealable snake defender or whatever, then why not get the Bond Arms one in .45 colt/.410 shot, rather than something TU for which parts will be hard to find in the future?

They're NOT 'fun' to shoot, unless you consider a lot of recoil fun. If you want something in this config that's more 'fun', get a Taurus Judge.

RunsBellows

Marksman
Reaction score
well, to be honest sir...

i just like the look of a side by side handgun (ya caught me). not sure why, but i think they look unique, that's all.

usefull? no. comfortable? no. ugly? yeah. looks pretty darn freaky? hehe, yeah.

the bond arms certainly falls under this catagory, too... but a side by side is what i'd prefer. that's all

-rb

rusty1444

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think they are alright. I had one for years as more of a novelty. I never had any problems shooting it . You have to move a little lever to choose which barrel to shoot. They don't open very fast either but Its kinda fun. Just watch what you shoot at. The first time I used mine I shot at an old dead tree and most of the 410 shot (bird or squirrel shot) came back in my face. Wear glasses. its a good thing I was. They didn't penetrate the skin but stung a little. They would prob work better with .410 with 00. This is def not something for concealed carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom