Colt Defender ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had/carried one for about 8 years. Very nice gun but I didn't like the 3" barrel. Go with a commander (4") length and you won't regret it. If concealing a 4" is harder than a 3" you may need to reconsider how you conceal IMNSHO.

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one way back in 1999, and always loved it. Have to say its been the most reliable of my auto pistols. Recoil is a bit snappy due to size and weight, but nothing severe. Wouldnt hesitate in getting another one. One thing I didnt care for was the hogue grips. Not great for CCW IMO.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not really a fan, that's not to say it's a bad gun, but officer sized 1911's are inherently "unreliable". If you're good on your maintence, keep it nice and clean and keep the springs changed out every 500 rounds (a round count is absolutely essential on a 1911), you should be okay.

My shooting partner bought one in November and it has been a decent gun, but it does shoot low and left for both of us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom