Connecticut State trooper traffic stop on I-95

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
As suspected

The state police commander, Col. Stavros Mellekas, announced Tuesday that the trooper has been placed on paid administrative duty, with no contact with the public, pending an internal affairs investigation.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to make a conscious decision to act ethically regardless of the circumstances. Refuse to act unethically, and support this with your behavior and actions.

Ethics is an intensely personal and, in many ways, sensitive topic for police officers. Developing an ethical survival mindset has the potential to save your reputation, your career and your life. Leave a legacy of professionalism and ethics to pass on to those you influence. Protecting our communities as a police officer is a calling, a privilege and an honor. Remember all who have come before you, and uphold the high standards they have set.

Taken from this article
https://www.policeone.com/ethics/ar...ng-your-cop-ethics-in-check-ZBGmLThsfLgJL9NV/

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Putting that officer on paid administrative duty is bullsh-t to me. I ride and work with officers and I've seen them be talked to worst than that. I don't know how they handle the crap they have to put up with before the BLM bs started. I think the officer had the right to rip the little bastard's ass for the crap he pulled. It was just by chance that the kid had a camera rolling.

PJM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The punk is lucky that the HP did not give him a ticket 20+ in a residential zone classifies as reckless endangerment and the HP could have hauled his little sociocommunists butt off to the slammer!. BTW speed limit would not have 40 mph if there were not houses and businesses nearby. HP's actions were still unwarranted and he needs to be reprimanded.

DSA/dnc IS the greatest enemy of the USA in the world...next to the SCOTUS

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The punk is lucky that the HP did not give him a ticket 20+ in a residential zone classifies as reckless endangerment and the HP could have hauled his little sociocommunists butt off to the slammer!. BTW speed limit would not have 40 mph if there were not houses and businesses nearby. HP's actions were still unwarranted and he needs to be reprimanded.

DSA/dnc IS the greatest enemy of the USA in the world...next to the SCOTUS

What makes you think he's a "sociocommunist"?

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many years ago when I lived in the Seattle area, there was an incident where a motorist pulled a state trooper over and asked him for his citation book as the trooper was speeding. The trooper refused and told the man that he was free to male a complaint to the State Patrol. The media got hold of it and several similar incidents followed, so the Chief of the State Patrol announced that the next person to do that would be arrested as the troopers could have been clocking someone and that required them to break traffic laws.

I understand why the trooper was mad. Still, he should have watched his language better.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many years ago when I lived in the Seattle area, there was an incident where a motorist pulled a state trooper over and asked him for his citation book as the trooper was speeding. The trooper refused and told the man that he was free to male a complaint to the State Patrol. The media got hold of it and several similar incidents followed, so the Chief of the State Patrol announced that the next person to do that would be arrested as the troopers could have been clocking someone and that required them to break traffic laws.

I understand why the trooper was mad. Still, he should have watched his language better.

No lights? Siren?
Wife followed a TPD patrol car going 60+ down 71st street, took pics, posted it on FB several years ago. TPD responded, claiming officer was probably going to an active crime scene.

That was a lie. The cop parked close to my wife, and walked in to the hospital like everyone else.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No lights? Siren?

~snip~
They could have been clocking a speeder.

From one of my posts a while back.

Reminds me of what happened to my brother once in the early 1970's. He was a county mounty and he was clocking a speeder and since he didn't have his emergency lights (beacons) on, he was going around 70 in a 40. This was before radar was widely used and using the beacons would have defeated the purpose. Anyway, a pickup truck pulled out in front of him and he drove the patrol car off into a ditch. Nobody was hurt but the car (a brand new Dodge Polara) was totaled.

Thank goodness radar made clocking unnecessary and a little but after this the county obtained radar equipment. Much safer.

And on case anyone is wondering, he didn't get in trouble for what happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom