Constitutional Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK2A said:
The Oklahoma Second Amendment Association would like to thank State Rep Dan Fisher for introducing HJR 1026 to change the state constitution:Article 2 Section 26

The fundamental right of each individual citizen to keep and to bear handguns, rifles, shotguns, knives and other common arms, ammunition and the components thereof, for security, defense, recreation, lawful hunting or any other legitimate purpose shall not be infringed. Regulations of this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny, and shall not frustrate or impair the purposes of the right.

Send Rep Fisher an email of support @ [email protected]

Pros and cons to this. Have to see how it goes.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Constitutional Carry is the only carry legislation I'll get excited about. Having to pay a tax for a permission card and this joke of an industry of concealed carry classes needs to go. (Granted there are some good training classes, but most of the CC classes are a waste of money)

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does this provide for constitutional carry? What if the SDA passes "strict scrutiny"? Who determines what's "legitimate"?

The amendment would specifically allow the carrying of arms for self defense so you would not need a permit to carry for self defense. Legitimate usually means anything that is not illegal.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The amendment would specifically allow the carrying of arms for self defense so you would not need a permit to carry for self defense. Legitimate usually means anything that is not illegal.

I agree the problems are the wording. While we see "legitimate" as "anything legal", there will be those who molest the meanings... ie "It's not legitimate to carry a weapon in (this location"... Any constitutional legislation needs to be absolutely clear on meaning. They ought to write bills on first grade levels.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree the problems are the wording. While we see "legitimate" as "anything legal", there will be those who molest the meanings... ie "It's not legitimate to carry a weapon in (this location"... Any constitutional legislation needs to be absolutely clear on meaning. They ought to write bills on first grade levels.

I think that is where the strict scrutiny would come into play, listing specific places in what is now 1277 as to the prohibited places list. I'm sure business owners rights will still trump an individuals rights while on the business owners property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom