Cool enough today to shoot the bow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yeah, but kinda dark at 10:30 Dennis. Hey supposedly high tomorrow is only 92 - a veritiable blizzard!

Yesterday I used a fall-away rest for the first time (NAP). Even though I liked biscuits, I had one and wanted to try it to see what it's all about - and so I installed it on one of my bows that had an "older-style" rest. While it worked great and was very quiet, the little plastic piece that holds the arrow in place while it's down, before being lifted up, I discovered is simply glued on, and it just fell off. WTH? I superglued it back on, but lost some confidence in this item. You cannot use it without this piece, or when you draw, the arrow falls off to one side or the other and is not picked up by the "Y" of the actual rest.

I didn't get around to shooting the x-bow. It actually got pretty hot in the afternoon, but the morning was nice.

Reaction score
Holy crap, I know. A branch about 1" with twigs from my maple tree fell right near me, almost on my head Sunday while assembling new patio furniture on the back patio - coulda been a goner had it been 4" diameter or bigger and hit me square - you'd think it would make a creaking sound a bit more to warn me to look up, but I guess the wind sound covered up the creaking. Evidently, this long long dog-day period of high pressure systems with little wind allows the weaker branches to stay attached longer than they would normally be culled out, and so a bunch of them "build up" for a good wind event like that. In a T-storm while hunting, I'm a lot more scared of falling branches than I am of snakes, mountain lions, feral dogs, etc.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I used a fall-away rest for the first time (NAP). Even though I liked biscuits, I had one and wanted to try it to see what it's all about - and so I installed it on one of my bows that had an "older-style" rest.

Why mess with a simple proven device??? :tounge2:

I know what you mean though. It seems like there's always somethingto try that "has got to work even better".

I shoot the WB myself and keep saying I'm going to a drop away, but its hard to move away from a solid enclosed rest to one with moving parts.

Now I need to finish getting the Tenpoint Xbow dialed in and I'll be set.

Latest posts

Top Bottom