copper plating bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesP82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any home brew solutions available for the alkaline processes? I'm not interested in any of the cyanide solutions. I worked in a plating company in my younger days, did cad, chrome, nickle, brass, copper, silver and Gold. Lots of nasty cyanide solutions then. They worked very well, but I bet in todays world, the EPA would have lots to say..

The alkaline plating solutions are what replaced the cyanide solutions. I'll see if I can't get ahold of some of the manufacturer's info for you on the ebrite 30/30 solution. Bonds really well and and runs good at low amperage. Only problem you might run into with is heating, it plates best at warmer temps.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks.. I went out to their website and requested both the msds and quote for it and the mid temp blackening solution. It may be more expensive than I am willing to pay.. Jim

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over on CastBoolits there are a few guys who played around with this. Found it unpractical and inefficient. Just casting and lube/sizing was much more practical. There is some experimenting with powder coating/painting which does show promise. But then my question is WHY? Just about any gun can accurately and efficiently shoot cast without the need to get overly complicated. We're now shooting lead out of our ARs with no leading, decent accuracy, and charges that will cycle the action reliably....

Latest posts

Top Bottom