Coye Knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice work, Bill, and kudos for working on the lab mitigation requirement for OK; just caught the story on Channel 2.

Thanks. Quite a while ago, I asked then-Tulsa mayor Cathy Taylor to take me out of the private sector to assist with drafting meth lab cleanup regulations. Figured I'd try to help around here as the state wasn't doing anything.

I'd spoke at two Senate meetings at the capitol in Oct. '07 and from those meetings SB 1728 was written for state meth lab cleanup regualtions but it never even made it to the floor.

When a cleanup guy says you need cleanup regs, most folks just roll their eyes. When I started doing meth lab decon in '06, there were 13 states with cleanup regulations. Now there are 22.

We'll see. For now, I'll continue to re-up our certifications in TN and UT.

:)

BC

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody who doesn't think that's necessary has prolly never been in one.

I assume you visit with some of the local OS's and gve them cards?

That's some nasty stuff... and can be very scary.
Thanks. Quite a while ago, I asked then-Tulsa mayor Cathy Taylor to take me out of the private sector to assist with drafting meth lab cleanup regulations. Figured I'd try to help around here as the state wasn't doing anything.

I'd spoke at two Senate meetings at the capitol in Oct. '07 and from those meetings SB 1728 was written for state meth lab cleanup regualtions but it never even made it to the floor.

When a cleanup guy says you need cleanup regs, most folks just roll their eyes. When I started doing meth lab decon in '06, there were 13 states with cleanup regulations. Now there are 22.

We'll see. For now, I'll continue to re-up our certifications in TN and UT.

:)

BC

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's the word on the new folders Bill?

What materials are you using? When can we see them available for purchase? What ball-park price will they be?

Yes please.

Hey guys,

I just had 20 blades cut and precision ground - CPM 154 CM stainless from Crucible Steel. Powdered metallugry addresses edge retention. I've used this steel before and will be able to keep all heat treating in-house. I also have two sheets of titanium for frames. These first attempts will be frame locks. Cost? Given the materials AND when they're market-worthy, they'll run high 200's.

After the first of the year is target time frame for full-on folder production/screwing up/throwing things across the shop :). You gentlemen will see it all here.

Thanks fellas and please swing by the table at Wanenmacher if you get the chance - nice to put a face with a name.

BC

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NOTE:

I've PM'd the head honcho inquring about sponsorship pricing - haven't heard back and I sent that PM weeks ago...

...just so nobody gets their panties in a wad about me "promoting" my work.

Thanks again,

BC

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Bill ,

My name is Adam. I am the guy you did the carbon Ridgeback for. I just wanted you to know that it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. I truly love my new knife. After handling and using this thing practically all day today I am now on the search for an Oscar and can't wait to get my hands on one of your folders when you release them.

Thanks Again , Adam....

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Bill ,

My name is Adam. I am the guy you did the carbon Ridgeback for. I just wanted you to know that it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you. I truly love my new knife. After handling and using this thing practically all day today I am now on the search for an Oscar and can't wait to get my hands on one of your folders when you release them.

Thanks Again , Adam....

Hey Adam! It was a crazy weekend for sure but was glad I had one "on the bubble" and ready to go. Thanks again sir ~

BC

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, stand by for a kydex sheath making tutorial. We'll go through the entire process start to finish using common tools found in most garages.

I'll show you how I do it and you can put your own spin on it from there - or share your technique :)

BC

Latest posts

Top Bottom