Crap like this really urks me!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/man...c-062711?obref=obinsite#.TgqEjIzgXeY.facebook

Man Faked Being Soldier 'To Get First-Class Upgrade' On New York-Bound Flight

Updated: Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 6:56 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 27 Jun 2011, 6:55 AM EDT

By New York Post

NEW YORK - A man was arrested after he donned an army uniform and posed as a soldier so that he would get bumped up to first class on a flight from the Dominican Republic to New York's John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport, the New York Post reported Monday.

Rock Diaz, 22, of Long Island, has a history of pretending to be a military man to get VIP treatment, according to police -- he once even smooth-talked his way into a jetliner's cockpit, where he was photographed sitting at the controls.

He was busted when a sharp-eyed customs official at JFK asked him his rank -- and he gave an answer that did not match the insignia on the uniform he was wearing.

But Diaz -- in camouflage fatigues and sporting a military-style buzz cut -- allegedly insisted that he was the real thing when questioned after getting off an American Airlines flight.

Although he was wearing a standard-issue army combat uniform and cap, he could not produce a military ID.

Diaz -- who sources said never served in the military -- also had a black POW patch on his sleeve, which an actual soldier would never wear in that spot, the sources said. His dog tags were comically engraved with the words, "USA Marines Corp."

The Spanish-speaking Diaz said that he did nothing wrong and blamed any confusion on a language barrier.

"I never asked to get upgraded. The stewardess offered me a new seat, and I asked why. They explained it to me in English, and I did not understand," Diaz said. "I moved where they told me to sit."

He was charged with second-degree impersonation.

American Airlines did not return calls for comment.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/man...=obinsite#.TgqEjIzgXeY.facebook#ixzz1QdUw7OHM

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't decide what I like better:

1.) Pack them a quick bag and send them over for solo patrols right in the middle of it. If they want to play dress up, let them back it up.

2.) Strip them down to their skivvies in front of everyone and make them walk around the airport sucking their thumb.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People like this make me sick, I would be a military man if I could so that I could protect our country and it's citizens, but I certainly would never fake it to impress someone or benefit from it.

PS. not trying to nitpick but isn't it spelled IRK?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Hi, I'm in the Marine Corp but can't speak English.

Is that even possible? I would imagine you wouldn't make it through boot without understanding English.

Latest posts

Top Bottom