Crossbow Choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking at crossbows since my last one was stolen. It was a Horton Summit 150. It was inexpensive but worked well for me. Now I am looking at Ten Point Wicked Ridge Warrior for close to 400, a PSE Rampage for 300, and a Parker Challenger for about 350. All on ebay, and I dont want to spend more than 400. Anybody have any experience with these? I dont plan on shooting it over 40 yards. The PSE is the fastest shooting at 310fps. What are your thoughts. Thanks

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, PSE is the reaper and Parker is the Bushwacker. All have multi reticle scopes included. I am leaning toward the Wicked Ridge because of good things I have hears about Ten Point

kellyguinn

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have been looking at crossbows since my last one was stolen. It was a Horton Summit 150. It was inexpensive but worked well for me. Now I am looking at Ten Point Wicked Ridge Warrior for close to 400, a PSE Rampage for 300, and a Parker Challenger for about 350. All on ebay, and I dont want to spend more than 400. Anybody have any experience with these? I dont plan on shooting it over 40 yards. The PSE is the fastest shooting at 310fps. What are your thoughts. Thanks

I had a Barnett Quad 400 AVI for a few years but it was just to dang heavy to lug around all day. I just sold it and went with the Excalibur Axiom. Its much lighter, has less parts to break and much cheaper to fix if something does go wrong. Its only shooting 280 but thats plenty fast enough for me. My buddy just had a string break on his compound type xbow and its costing him 200 bucks just for new cams and strings to get it going plus the labor cost. I don't really have any experiance with the ones you listed but hope I helped a little.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful of what you buy on ebay and whom you buy it from. There are several places selling cheap because they may be defective or store returns. On a compound crossbow that could be bad. Theres especially one place in Texas I think, thats always selling returned xbows and defective game cameras. Stay away from her.
Make sure if its new that the ad says it comes with factory warranty. Most of the good dealers will mention that in their ad.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got a few more days to go on Barnett and Parkers facebook pages and sign up for their Sept. xbow giveawys

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the wife a Parker last year at Tabes in Shawnee. She loves it, its light, accurate, and Parker has a lifetime warranty. You can get one cheaper at bass pro but that's a whole other thread about how I feel about them. We almost ordered Wicked Ridge Warrior, haven't heard a bad thing about them either. Good luck in whichever you decide.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna throw you a bone on this one. Get the Wicked Ridge Warrior. Honestly its the best of the three! And buy it from this guy:

http://www.wyverncreations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=100&products_id=384

He has a great reputation as an online dealer, PLUS its $399 for the bow you want. Free shipping AND he throws in 3 extra arrows and a rope cocker for FREE! Wyvern creations may well be the best online dealer in crossbows!

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Parker Enforcer last year when the limbs on my Horton started to splinter. I am generally a tree stand hunter so I look for a light crossbow that is not real wide. The Parker Enforcer is about 6.5 lbs and narrow. Works great in the stand and a pleasure to carry through the woods. Killed a buck with it on opening day last year. 30 yard pass thru dead on his feet. Love that crossbow!

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a Barnett Quad 400 AVI for a few years but it was just to dang heavy to lug around all day. I just sold it and went with the Excalibur Axiom. Its much lighter, has less parts to break and much cheaper to fix if something does go wrong. Its only shooting 280 but thats plenty fast enough for me. My buddy just had a string break on his compound type xbow and its costing him 200 bucks just for new cams and strings to get it going plus the labor cost. I don't really have any experiance with the ones you listed but hope I helped a little.

Plus one on the Excalibur Axiom. Less parts and best warranty in the business. A great company in my opinion.

I would try to put one in my hand from a local place before I bought one. Fit and feel might be an important factor. Best of luck on what ever you chose and hope it puts meet in the freezer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom