CrossBreed MiniTuck: Pre- and Post- Trim Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtkratzer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love both of my CrossBreed Holsters, I just like to have a little less leather around the grip to get in the way of my fingers and the area between my thumb and trigger finger...so, I give you the before and after pictures:

Before:
ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w121_jtkratzer_DSCN3784.jpg

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w121_jtkratzer_DSCN3783.jpg

After about 5-10 minutes of trimming and a permanent black marker. I'll probably smooth it out and touch it up some more later, but for now, it will suffice:

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w121_jtkratzer_DSCN3786.jpg

ai175.photobucket.com_albums_w121_jtkratzer_DSCN3785.jpg

I just left the pistol in the holster and used a pen to trace out the areas I wanted to cut away and then continued to make adjustments as I wanted. I only cut myself once with the utility knife, no need for stitches.

I'd really like to remove some of the Kydex from the area where the trigger guard meets the grip and lower that area down a bit, but I don't know how and I doubt I have the tools to do that.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could use a little cleaning up. But it is probably much more functional now. I did the same thing with my xd Supertuck. traced how I wanted it, used an exacto knife and then followed that with an orbital sander to soften the edges and painted the raw edges back to black.

jtkratzer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could use a little cleaning up. But it is probably much more functional now. I did the same thing with my xd Supertuck. traced how I wanted it, used an exacto knife and then followed that with an orbital sander to soften the edges and painted the raw edges back to black.

It looks a lot rougher than it is. It was just a quick cut with a utility knife and a once over with a black marker...really, I couldn't care less because no one sees the holster when I'm wearing it...

When I get home to PA, I'll probably take the Dremel to it and touch it up...and maybe remove some of the Kydex around the base of the trigger guard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom