CTD: Has 55gr Red tip tracer M196 in 5.56 $239

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not any dirtier than any other, and it can't do anything a fmj doesn't already do. But this is vintage 90's military tracer, good stuff.
but I doubt any indoor range is gonna let you shoot it.

Yes it can. The phosphorus/magnesium in the back can come out of the bullet and burn inside your barrel, not likely but can happen. FMJ doesn't do that.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it can. The phosphorus/magnesium in the back can come out of the bullet and burn inside your barrel, not likely but can happen. FMJ doesn't do that.

guess this could happen, never heard of it, but guess it could.

Buy the ammo or don't. it is fairly priced and ships fast. it is used to know where your rounds are striking in combat/training. At .30 rd it can sit in the the surplus pile and be just fine. shoot a few for fun, they are pretty cool.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually this looks to be a GREAT price on this stuff.

I checked Sportsman's Guide and they have something similar. Same round count, but looks to be in boxes instead of bandos, and it is over $400 bucks!!

Dave

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cracked my can open last night, beautiful sight to see red tips in stripper clips....I miss the army days and shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom