Custer's last flag: Banner carried at Little Bighorn to be sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool post and appreciate it.

If you haven't been to the site of the battle I HIGHLY recommend you do. We vacationed in Montana for about 8 years in a row. We would make side "pre-trips" prior to getting to our vacation spot. ONe year we spent three days in/around Sheridan, WY (what a fantastic little town, one of my favorites in all of America). One of the days we spent at the Battle of the Little Big Horn Memorial and toured the battle field. It took the better part of a day and was soooooo worth it. If you enjoy American history this should be on your bucket list. Can't recommend it enough. If you do visit be sure to sit through the optional 45-60 minute presentation a NPS employee gives prior to your self guided battlefield tour.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any story that has been told, and re-told, as many times as this one, and from very different prospectives, is likely impossable to know the FACTS about? And that is a shame, because how do we learn from history, that may or may not be accruate?
Made this a private project of mine fo much of my adult life. Also a college project in a history class. Have 27 hrs in mostly American history

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't believe that isn't property of the U.S. Army or in a museum in Washington D.C.

No matter what side of the story one chooses to believe that marked an absolute turning point. The U.S. Government responded by sending General Ranald Mackenzie with 1,000 troops who rapidly turned the needle 180 degrees never to return. They certainly did some pretty bad stuff in retaliation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom