cz p01?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i ordered a cz 75 d compact p-01 off of gun broker. i took it home today. the box is labeled p 01. the frame has a NATO proof number, and a rail. thus confirming the p01 theory. but the slide is marked 75d and does not have night sights...green does not equal night sights. but the serial numbers from frame to slide to barrel all match. i contacted the seller and he said they were all the same out of a large order batch. i plan on contacting cz usa asap. i guess i am just using this as a rant. cz makes 3 compact 75 models in 9mm. the gun i have in my possession does not meet any of their specs, but has their name on it. any theories on what is going on?

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh. My P-01's slide says "CZ 75 P-01," which is probably what you expected to see on yours.

Sounds like they had more P-01 orders to fill than they had P-01 labeled compact slides. Figuring that the P-01 slide and the CZ 75 D Compact slide are mechanically identical, they subbed in some spare D Compact slides but still called the result a P-01 b/c it has the alloy frame.

Bit of a cheesy move, if true. P-01s run $550 or so these days. This ain't supposed to be a Franken-parts AK or CETME, it's a quality duty pistol by a well-regarded European manufacturer.

You should gripe to CZ-USA and see if you can get a properly marked slide out of them. Admittedly, your current gun is mechanically identical to a standard P-01.

PS: I don't think all P-01s are supposed to come with night sights. Mine (bought new about three years ago) did not, it just has those green dots.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My P-01's slide says "P-01" on it as well.

Those crappy green dots might be night-sites if you hit them with some light and put them in a dark room and they're the "glow-in-the-dark" older model crappy night sights CZ used to use, and yes, they suck.

CZ's changed a few things about their compact models over the years though - so if the frame says "P-01" and the slide's serial numbers match, I'd say its a P-01.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have sold my P-01 (big mistake), but I do not remember it having the 75 designation on it anywhere. This was a few years ago just after they came out for domestic sale. I am 99.9% sure it just said P-01.

theonetrucheese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i did some research, and all of the specs match a p01. i am just going to be picky on the engraving. i checked gunbroker and they are selling from 590-665. i figured i can get 600 out of mine being nib and a 3rd mag nip. thank you for the input. p.s. i charged the sights and yes, they are the older style night sights. once charged they light up like a christmas tree....not so much if you just pull it out of the box.