Dammit I hate the ignorant Fudds that run our state.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps that is a fundamental problem with our system?

In most people's minds, legislators are there to spend free money and force other people to do what sounds good.

Protecting individual freedom and reducing taxes and the size of government? Not so much.

Until we get an educated public it just continues - "Gimme more free stuff and protect me from everything."

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In most people's minds, legislators are there to give them money and force other people to do what sounds good.

Protecting individual freedom and reducing taxes and the size of government? Not so much.

Until we get an educated public it just continues - "Gimme more free stuff and protect me from everything."

There, fixed it for ya. And you are right either way. The population has figured out that it can vote itself largesse from the public coffers and that, my friend, is the 1st stage of a nation's eventual descent into tyranny.

When the takers outnumber the producers a country is doomed.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about sports games? Football is pretty dang violent. The purpose of defense is to run into people as hard as you can to knock them over(aka "tackle").

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about sports games? Football is pretty dang violent. The purpose of defense is to run into people as hard as you can to knock them over(aka "tackle").

Not to mention the problems real football players have regarding concussions, and their potential effects on the player's brain functions.

Maybe we should tax football?

The nerve of these politicians.

It's cyclical you know, first cinema was targeted, then comics, then rock, then metal, then rap, now its just videogames.

This whole cycle of generational culture shock is tiresome.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a whole group of guys who had been playing Grand Theft Auto in the hours before they saved their friends life after he fell and sustained a serious back injury. Didn't see the fact that they were playing video games in the news story though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom