Damn ticks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So there I am, minding my own business on the throne, catching up on a Car and Driver, when I look down and see a tick latched onto my leg, malevolently siphoning my lifeblood and growing thicker by the second. :censored::pissed::mad:

Needless to say I executed nearly every medieval torture technique on the little bastard I could remember ( :chop::gun1::fullauto: ), and then he met his watery demise.

I guess it's a damn good thing I'm in the middle of a Z-pak anyway. Hopefully I won't be seeing you guys on the other side of lyme disease, but I'll be keeping my eye out for that evil bulls-eye rash anyway. :bah:

Last edited:

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They seem to be bad this year, maybe the mild winter? It's funny though when we were kids we lived in the woods, ticks were a common occurance. Now when you get one ,your scared to death of lymes disease. Is it that were older and wiser, or scarier?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WFT said:
They seem to be bad this year, maybe the mild winter? It's funny though when we were kids we lived in the woods, ticks were a common occurance. Now when you get one ,your scared to death of lymes disease. Is it that were older and wiser, or scarier?

I came down with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever about 5 years ago. Woke up one morning feeling a little rough. By noon, I was wearing two winter coats, thinking I was going to freeze to death, all the while sweating profusely. It was 100 degrees outside. Co-workers took me to the ER where they put in an IV drip of antibiotics, and did blood tests. By late evening the chills went away but still had to take antibiotics for a month afterward.
It's a potentially fatal illness that shouldn't be taken lightly.
Most experts say that if you do get a tick on you, pull it out with gloves or tweezers, put it in a bag or old pill bottle, date it and freeze it.
If you start showing symptoms, take the frozen tick with you to the DR.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its a bad year for ticks. Got eat up while hunting morels. Turkey season was same. Squirrel huntin was worse. Tween ticks, mosquitos, and chiggers I almost passed out.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate ticks. Little nasty bloodsucking varmints. FIRE is the only solution. I'd take the burn just to see it torched to death.

Latest posts

Top Bottom