deer hunters using dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
McCurtain County in Three Rivers WMA.

Buddy was hunting there today. He saw a pack of dogs across the meadow. Wasn't long that a couple of guys with rifles came right after them.

He scored an 8 point that came his direction. Now he is concerned he took a deer with aid of dogs even though he didn't know the dog runners.

Thoughts?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That would be like watching a buck walk down a draw during archery season, the buck walks just out of range and heads towards the road. About that time, a truck comes driving down road and runs the deer back in your direction, the buck stops near your stand and looks back towards the road where the truck had been traveling.......and you're able to harvest the buck. Would the hunter be guilty of harvesting the deer with the aid of a motorized vehicle, as a motorized vehicle was used to drive the buck to the hunter???? I think not.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless "Buddy" knew the hunters with the dogs and was part of the "drive", he has nothing to feel guilty about. He was just fortunate to capitalize on someone else's illegal activity.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use dogs at about 10:30 AM-12:30 PM to get deer moving. These dogs have on orange vests and hats and usually have a cigarette in their mouths.

I do not bring them with me but they sometimes show up and push deer to me.

Your buddy should be happy that these fools are getting the deer moving.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use dogs at about 10:30 AM-12:30 PM to get deer moving. These dogs have on orange vests and hats and usually have a cigarette in their mouths.

I do not bring them with me but they sometimes show up and push deer to me.

Your buddy should be happy that these fools are getting the deer moving and didn't fire any shots in his direction.

I know I'm not much of a hunter, but wanted to add that last part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom