Deer Season - I've got the itch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah I think the guy has some work to do on the site. I tried Oklahoma but got tired of clicking each county, only to find nothing. The site would probably be cooler if he had more shots.

Refresh the page and you'll get new "featured pictures" each time

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I quit going into the woods when i could not see to take a good clean shot.
Heading into the woods early always spooked deer up..so i wait till sun is up and i can see well.
I have always butchered my own..tanned 2 deer hides ever.. made one into rawhide for attaching my tomahawk heads to the handles.

Rawhide is really easy to make ..compared to a nice skin.. and i never had a really nice skin

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
garret01,

I to have the itch and trying to clear the schedule to put in the food plots and hang some new stands. Come on OCT 1...

On the camera I put them out often on public. They are locked up in boxes and a ways from easy access points. No problems yet but they are cheap ones.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went and picked mine up this weekend. Rookie mistake! When I set it I didn't even think about the limbs dangling in front of it. I got 275 pictures of that limb blowing in the wind. It took two days for the SD card to max out. I reset it to what I hope is a better spot.

I set it on 1 minute delay/normal sensitivity/3 burst pictures.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same issue earlier this year. The grass between the camera and the feeder grew high enough to start tripping the sensor. Several hundred pictures of swaying grass in the Oklahoma wind.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work in west okc area near 10th and Morgan. I was up on one of our cooing towers checking out equipment last night about dusk. Just stopped and scanned the immediate area to the north and what did I see? A doe and her 2 fawns. I took a couple of pics with my phone but the quality is pretty bad so no need to post here. It's amazing they thrive here in an urban area but they have plenty to eat, good water sources and plenty of cover. The close proximity of the river also must play into it. I saw a couple of nice bucks out here last fall as well. Can't wait for the season to open!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this guy on my driveway last night going home. Looked like an 8 point in full velvet.

image-1861129113.jpg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I can't wait to get in the woods. Picked up a new stabilizer for my bow and am re-tuning it. Can definitely tell I haven't shot in a while as my groups are awful at 30 yards.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to set a camera and mineral block out and check my stand Saturday and saw this doe as soon as I left the house. I took it as a good sign!

uploadfromtaptalk1375752190221.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom