Defensive Practical Rifle Saturday Oct 5th Oil Capital

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Practical Rifle Match

Date: Saturday October 5, 2013

Time: 9:00 am -10:00 Sign In, 10:00 Safety Meeting and Stage Walk Through

Cost: $12 ($10 OCR&GC member)

Location: Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club http://www.ocrgc.com/?q=node/44

Expect 5 stages, two involving use of both rifle and pistol. Scored rounds for rifle 65-75; Pistol about 12-20. Rifle sling desirable.

Go to this link for rules and other event information http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OklahomaPracticalRifle/info

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on going to this one. I havnt been in some time and this will be my last chance to go for awhile. Probably going to bring my M1 Garand. Quick question. Can I bring my AK as a backup just in case?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I plan on going to this one. I havnt been in some time and this will be my last chance to go for awhile. Probably going to bring my M1 Garand. Quick question. Can I bring my AK as a backup just in case?
Of course your are welcome to bring backup gun(s)! Unless you have ammo difficulty, your M-1 should run great. If you don't know what Garand thumb is, ask some of us, as we know first hand. You don't want to experience it yourself.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course your are welcome to bring backup gun(s)! Unless you have ammo difficulty, your M-1 should run great. If you don't know what Garand thumb is, ask some of us, as we know first hand. You don't want to experience it yourself.

Oh I know what it is! I havnt been bitten too bad by it yet but my step bro did several years back. Nearly ripped the end of his thumb off! Im seriously thinking about wearing a pair of gloves when I go, not necessarily in case I chop my thumb off, but for the sense of protection they will give me.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all for coming. Results are posted on the Yahoo Group site http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/OklahomaPracticalRifle/info

Your next Oil Capital Defensive Rifle match is Saturday November 2.

I would just like to say thank you so much for this match! I had a great time. Though my score and time was definitely not the best, shooting the M1 was the most fun Iv ever had at the match. Id like to thank the staff at Oil Capital as well. Very informative and good guys to talk to. And thank you for giving non members the opportunity to shoot the match (especially for such a good price!)

:thanku:

Shanerbanner10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When is the next match? I would love to get out to one of these. I just got out of the mililtary and need some trigger time in my life. Also, does anyone know of any long range matches? My bolt gun is dying for some 600-1500 yard stuff!

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When is the next match? I would love to get out to one of these. I just got out of the mililtary and need some trigger time in my life. Also, does anyone know of any long range matches? My bolt gun is dying for some 600-1500 yard stuff!

This match is the first Saturday of each month. The next one should be November 2.

Most targets are 25 yards or less in this match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom