Didn't quite know where to post this one...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And since half of them have indoor ranges now days, I figured I'd post it here.

Men, and ladies, I find myself in a little bit of a pickle. I've been gone overseas, up until fairly recent, for a good time. And right before I left, my favorite store, Lash's, shut it's doors. And now I find Tulsa lacking in a quality store for both a large selection of new and used firearms, and a good deal of related supplies. The closest thing to that up here is Dong's, which is unclean, unkept, unfriendly, and in many cases unhelpful. Not to mention in the wrong side of town. But I will admit they have a large selection of firearms to choose from.

Sure, there are other stores. Sooner Guns, 2A, Tulsa Firearms, and a handful of others. But honestly, half of those places have a VERY LIMITED selection of guns. Most of which I don't even care to own if they gave them to me. And have little to no supplies for the shooter. I'm talking reloading equipment and supplies mostly. I know every single person in the known world believes that glocks, and XDs are the be all end all of the handgun world. And that the AR-15, and a few other rifles and shotguns are all you'll ever need for everything else. But I would like to find a good store that if I wanted to go buy a nice lever gun, I could. I want a place that if I want to go pick up a S&W 27, I can find it there. I want a place that if I need to pick up a 8lb jug of Bullseye, I can get it there.

Am I mistaken, or have we nothing to replace Lash's with?!?!

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, even though some of the guys were annoying, Lash's was a great store. Sports world or Dong's are the closest in terms of inventory. Bought several guns from Lash's, and tons of reloading supplies. Wish someone had kept it going.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have an empty store next to ours and I have been trying to get someone interested in opening a reloading store there,
What do you think? My gun store next door to a reloading store would be good business for both of us!

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago there was a little shop around 27th and memorial(in the strip center with whataburger) All the construction on memorial eventually shut him down.Tulsa Reloading i believe it was.Anyone know if he's still alive/in business anywhere?.:anyone:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago there was a little shop around 27th and memorial(in the strip center with whataburger) All the construction on memorial eventually shut him down.Tulsa Reloading i believe it was.Anyone know if he's still alive/in business anywhere?.:anyone:

He went out of business and worked at Dong's for a while after that.

I'd also say Sports World. I went there yesterday to find something obscure and not get raped like at Dong's. They have lots of reloading supplies and a metric ton of guns in stock. Even the old man was friendly yesterday! :)

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2A has pretty decent prices on primers. Since I put a 4lb jug of Bullseye on my Christmas list every year, that's about the only reloading component that I buy locally. You're right that they cater more to the TACTICAL BUST 'EM crowd though.

Secondhand Rose on 3rd street has a pretty good selection of Fudd guns if I remember correctly. I'll add another vote for Sports World as a place with fair prices and good service.

E: I couldn't tell you where to get a large supply of Bullseye in town though. Bass Pro always has lots of little canisters but no big jugs. At this point I'd say order from Powder Valley and then pick your order up at the big show.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I will say this. I just found out at the range today that a long time buddy of mine has been working at Sports World for a while (so he says), and told me that they have had a good couple of years. And now have a pretty good selection of stuff. I'll have to check them out. I went there a few years ago, they had a about 5 rifles and maybe one or two handguns. But other than that the shop was basically empty. I'll have to give them a try.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have an empty store next to ours and I have been trying to get someone interested in opening a reloading store there,
What do you think? My gun store next door to a reloading store would be good business for both of us!

Honeybee, I've not heard of your place. I checked out your website, and it looks like you have a little bit of a limited selection. But, I like doing business with friends. I'll stop by your store this coming week if I get a chance. Who knows, you might have something that interests me.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the Broken Arrow Gun Shop just south of the BA expressway on 161st, west side of the street. A pretty good selection of Glocks, Kimbe and Smith Revolvers. Also have Ruger, Bersa, Taurus, etc. Long guns...bolt, lever and AR type. If they don't have things they get them in 2-3 days. Prices are very good. Service is great! Attitude is great!

Latest posts

Top Bottom