Dispatching a mole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK,
Read and follow the directions EXACTLY! It's gonna sound silly, but I gurantee it to work in less than 24 hours>
Go to the local poot and scoot and buy a small pack of WRIGLEYS JUICY FRUIT GUM. (No other kind will do!!)
Unwrap ONE stick and take a pair of scissors and cut it PRECISELY in half LENGTHWISE. You now have 2 long narrow strips of gum instead of one wide one.
Place one strip with one of the narrow ends pointing down hole at the very mouth of the hole prefferably slightly inside so the gopher doesn't have to show himself to get a hold on it.
Repeat at the other end of the tunnel and at the mouth of any other tunnels, be sure to check under shrubs etc. and place a strip at EACH and every visible tunnel entrance.
Wait 24 hours, fill holes with dirt, breath a sigh of relief, then make a mental not to buy me a Coke for saving you wads of cash, nasty noxious fumes, collateral damage, etc.
Yer Pal,
BT

P.S. I know, I know, but it really works!

Does it kill them ?

steelhorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard the Wrigleys thing worked from a friend that used to manage golf courses. He also suggested the poison gummy worms but there is one brand that works better than the others and I can't think of it right now.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK,
Read and follow the directions EXACTLY! It's gonna sound silly, but I gurantee it to work in less than 24 hours>
Go to the local poot and scoot and buy a small pack of WRIGLEYS JUICY FRUIT GUM. (No other kind will do!!)
Unwrap ONE stick and take a pair of scissors and cut it PRECISELY in half LENGTHWISE. You now have 2 long narrow strips of gum instead of one wide one.
Place one strip with one of the narrow ends pointing down hole at the very mouth of the hole prefferably slightly inside so the gopher doesn't have to show himself to get a hold on it.
Repeat at the other end of the tunnel and at the mouth of any other tunnels, be sure to check under shrubs etc. and place a strip at EACH and every visible tunnel entrance.
Wait 24 hours, fill holes with dirt, breath a sigh of relief, then make a mental not to buy me a Coke for saving you wads of cash, nasty noxious fumes, collateral damage, etc.
Yer Pal,
BT

I have heard this works, but never tried it. Also, might try castor beans.

Whirlybirds are supposed to keep moles away by the vibrations. Try these and see what works best.

Last edited:

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK,
Yer Pal,
BT

We've used this method before, and it does work.

The moles eat the gum, but they can't digest it properly.

Teufel Hunden

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can go to Home Depot and get an adapter that attaches to your vehicles exhaust and screws onto your garden hose. Fire up your vehicle and put the other end of the hose in all of the holes and the let the rodents suck the fumes! I did it last year and it wiped 'em out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom