Do I Need a New Desk Top Monitor??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Morning - About 9 mo ago the old HP tower died. I replaced it with a state of the art DELL tower, but did not replace the monitor. Our 7-8 yr old HP monitor for the desk top is flashing off for about 4 sec and then on for about 2 sec; the monitor does not turn off when I try to turn it off manually or when WIN 7 goes throu the shut down routine; and I'm also getting a white box in the misddle that contains:
ANALOG VGA - NO INPUT SIGNEL
DIGITAL VGI - ACTIVE

and every now and then it will flasH: MONITOR GOING TO SLEEP

I've tried a cold reboot, unplugging the monitor from the wall plug, unplugging from the PC tower. No joy, to say the least.

Is it time for a new monitor?

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
look for an input selector button on the monitor. if you find one push it to cycle between input selections. digital dvi is what you're wanting.

if it doesnt have an input button go into the menu config & look for it.

once its for sure set to the correct input we can go from there if theres still a problem.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
technology for monitors has changed by leaps and bounds. Monitors are fairly cheap, and if you replaced your box with a new one, replace the monitor, your eyes will appreciate it.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The monitor is not the part of the computer I would consider skimping on. Big and sharp pay off every time you fire it up. The flat screens take up a lot less room as well. Interoperability is also much better, which will save you the kind of headache you are having now even if you manage to figure out how to get around it. Consider a new monitor.

JPK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
look for an input selector button on the monitor. if you find one push it to cycle between input selections. digital dvi is what you're wanting.

if it doesnt have an input button go into the menu config & look for it.

once its for sure set to the correct input we can go from there if there is still a problem.

I hate :scream: problems that "fix" themselves. There are a few buttons on the monitor, one of which is labeled MENU. I gave the tower and old HP flat screen monitor a long time out, and all seems to be OK. I'll leave well enough alone for the time being. The problem just came back. RATS!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom