Do you wear a watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, all the time

Votes: 78 56.1%
  • No, I check my cell phone for time

Votes: 53 38.1%
  • I'm like Jack Reached and have an internal clock

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I could care less what time it is

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been a watch enthusiast for a long time. My first high quality watch was a Tag Heuer Daytona. I loved that watch! Sadly, it got stolen.

My Seiko Diver's watch I bought at the PX at Ft McClellan after I graduated from Basic Training was another favorite. :-)

But recently I took a break from wearing watches. I am however waiting on a new Casio ProTrek to be delivered. It's an analog/digital combination and my first non-chronograph since I was a teenager.

What watch you?

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a chance.

In this day and age you dont go anywhere without a computer on you. I have no use for an outdated, bulky thing on my wrist.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wore one but they are banned at work (machinery), so rarely now unless going out and happen to think about it.

My fav, a DU 50th Anniversary Gold Coin.

Most kids don't wear one, they can't read one, they just look at their phone.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, yes I do and I love watches and the mechanical movements inside of them.

Wear Rolex just on the weekends.

Daily wear Swiss Army, Seiko, and Citizen.

I also take care of my Rolex watches....I had buddies in Galveston wear them all the time. Unfortunately that causes scratches on the metal and the crystal. Then the sun fades the luminescent markers and turns them a yellow..aged ivory color.

I know they're dive watches and maybe I'm to fanatical about the care of my watches.

Right now I'm looking at buying either a Sinn watch or a Muhle Glashutte..maybe both. They're German made amd top quality. Both divers...thought about a 300m and a Constellation both by Omega..but those Germans are getting my attention.

2 side notes.

1. Web site watchesyouseek. Go to the forum...tons of information.

2. If you buy a watch from a website (cheaper price) you need to do some research. Heres why;

A. You want a warranty card with your new watch for official company repair. If there's no card, you have to have a watch repair person do the work..I hope they know what they're doing.

B. Non Authorized Dealers (AD) can sell real watches but not a warranty card...because they're a non-AD dealer...so they offer their own in-house warranty...I hope they know what they're doing.

C. You could get a used watch, reconditioned watch, or a fake from a non-AD.

If you see a website and wonder if they're an AD...go to the maker of the watch website. They list authorized dealers.

Right now, Topper Jewelry in Northern California is an AD for Omega and Muhle Glashutte.

He beats just about everyone in price...example.

I priced an Omega 300m the other day at a local family jewelry store..jewelry is the gift to give...

They want $4400 for the Omega, he wants $3700...AND he's an AD. So you get the warranty card and if it breaks go to any AD for Omega and they send it back to Omega if it's still under warranty.

Look at the Germans..Sinn, Tutima, Muhle Glashutte.

Dang, I love the Rasmus 2000, Sea Battlion, and the non-black..metal Marinus. Heck, I even like the new ..reshaped..redone..Oris Aquis Date with the 43mm case.

Whew...gotta stop talking watches or I'm going to order a few and be in some.."wife" ..problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom